4th of July in Southern Utah
Monday, July 4, 2011
Here are all the Independence Day celebrations I could find. Listed by city.
St. George, UT
Vernon Worthen Park
- 7:30-10am Staheli catering breakfast of pancakes, eggs, hash browns, & beverage. $6 Adult. $4 Children 12 & under.
- 8am Parade on the streets surrounding the park
- 9am-1pm Activities (Many FREE): music, food booths, face painting, watermelon seed spitting contest, bounce houses, Water Wars, Frisbee toss, football throw, home run derby, dunk tank, climbing wall, obstacle course, slip and slide.
- 10am Zumba & Karaoke
- 11am-1pm Talent Competition
- 1pm Hot dog eating contest
- 8-10pm KONY Country Free concert in the Sunbowl (100 S. 400 E.) - Marshal Reign
- 10pm Fireworks
- 7:30am Lion's Club Breakfast
- 9am Parade
- 10am Hurricane Community Center: food, games, races, water activities
- 10am Spilsbury Sports Complex: Bike Jump Competition & ATV Rodeo
- Wait...wait... There is just too much to list! Look here: City of Hurricane 4th of July
8:30am – 12:00pm at Wanlass Park
- 7-9am Lion's Club Breakfast at the Springdale Elementary School
- 9-9:30am Parade from Lion's Blvd - the Bit n Spur Restaurant
- 11am-2pm BBQ, water slides, games all at the Springdale Park on Lion's Blvd
Cedar City, UT
A traditional July Fourth celebration in Cedar City with a Parade at 9:30am followed by activities in the Main Street Park. For more information call 435-463-5501 or 435-559-4877 (Lions). Admission is FREE.
Brian Head, UT
Brian Head Fire Department Annual Pancake Breakfast held at the Giant Steps Lodge (Brian Head) from 7am to 10:30am. Also enjoy the Red, White & Blue Concert at 2pm (Town Park), Bonfire and S’mores 8pm (Fire Station) and Fireworks Display at 10pm (Town Park). FREE. For more information call 888-677-2810.
4th of July Parade held on Parowan Main Street at 10am. For more information call 435-477-9022 or 435-477-8190
Enoch 4TH of July includes the Freedom Run (5-K, 10-K or Family Walk), Mighty Mud Mania, and activities all day in the Enoch City Park (Enoch Road & Jones Ln), also a fireworks display after dark. For more information call 435-586-1119.
- 7am Fun Run/Walk 2.5 miles
- 7-9am Lion's Club Breakfast at State Bank Parking Lot
- 10am Parade
- 11am-3pm Park Fair
- 6pm BBQ Dinner
- 7pm Live Entertainment
- 9:30/Dusk Fireworks
Independence Day Celebration - Assorted afternoon festivities in Swanny City Park (400 North 100 West) followed by fireworks at dusk.